The end of the year is always a little bitter sweet for me. I welcome the break from weddings every weekend and yet I miss weddings every weekend. Photographing weddings is a lot of work...but it also gives me a lot of joy. I do really have a fantastic job and I already look forward to next season. The end of the year is an opportunity to reveal in some of this year's most memorable moments for me, notably:
- I photographed Edward James Olmos at a wedding this year.
- I saw a flower girl steal a cupcake during the cake cutting.
- I photographed a couple get legally wed after 27 years together.
- I saw a father who is wheelchair bound, rise to his feet to dance with his daughter.
- I saw a mother with cancer kiss her daughter on her wedding day with so much strength and love.
- I saw two father's 'high five' after their daughter's were pronounced married.
- I wrote a book....twice.
- I was accepted into a Master's of Fine Arts program.
I feel so lucky to take these photos. I get an incredibly personal look into people lives on their wedding day and I experience the joy, sadness and strength as I photograph it. I need to thank all of the wonderful couples who allow me this opportunity.
I hope everyone cherishes the time with their families this holiday season. Life is so precious.