Over the last few years I've written a lot about about how to green your wedding.
- Top Ten Tips for Green Wedding in New Hampshire.
- Green wedding planning tool
- Green wedding guide
- New England Green Wedding Vendors
But never before I have I thought much about green vacations. Many of you vacation in New Hampshire because of our beautiful, natural landscape. I know that's why I moved here from the flat lands of Massachusetts. So what are some ways we can all tread a little lighter while vacationing?
- Choose a Green Hotel or consider a cabin at a place like Rockywold-Deaphaven.
- Drive if you can, if not consider the train.
- Shop local, eat local! We have a lot of local foods in NH these days. Check out D'acres local goods guide for a lot of resources in the Plymouth NH region.
- Eco-tourism galore. It is hard not to be an eco-tourist in NH. With the White Mountain National Forest, lakes, rivers, hiking....etc. But here are few of my personal favorites: Squam Lakes Science Center, Squam Lakes Association, Gunstock, Franconia Notch.
- And of course, take time for a family portrait! Preserve your memories in an archival, eco-friendly format.
I do offer a 10% discount to clients choosing green weddings. New to 2012 I would like to extend that discount to green vacationers too. Please contact me for more information.